Teaching Chinese Overview
Through this set of summer intensive courses, you can take advantage of unique academic and cultural opportunities at UCLA and prepare for a career as a Mandarin teacher.
Through this program, you will:
- Learn state-of-the-art pedagogical theory in language teaching and its applications to Mandarin teaching
- Experience American culture and gain an in-depth understanding of American students and their diverse cultural and educational backgrounds
- Improve your English language skills for classroom Chinese language instruction, in particular through targeted preparation for California’s CBEST exam and interaction with an American language partner
- Work directly in American college and K-12 Chinese language classrooms
- Interact with local and other international Teaching Chinese as a Second Language (TCSL) teachers.
In this three-week program participants will enroll in two graduate-level classes and earn eight units of University of California academic credit. These courses are designed to meet the graduation requirements for (TCSL)degree programs in China.
Click here to download a flyer.
Presented by the UCLA Department of Asian Languages and Cultures and the UCLA Confucius Institute.