Supervised Residential Plan for High School Students
We strongly encourage mature high school students who can demonstrate the capacity to reside in a college environment to enroll in the residential plan (for a virtual tour, click here). By living together, you will:
- Live in the newest university accommodations: Sproul Landing, six stories of residential space that will sit atop Sproul Presidio, a three-story support space that will feature a 450-seat multipurpose room, a 750-seat dining hall and a fitness center.
- Share a double-occupancy room with another student in your program
- Have the opportunity to get to know your classmates and counselors extensively
- Spend more time working on your projects or rehearsing your final performance
- Eliminate safety and time concerns inherent in an urban commute
- Receive full supervision by an exceptional staff of UCLA students and full-time staff members
- Have breakfast and dinner each day in the UCLA dining halls, sites nationally recognized for their excellent cuisine. You must, however, purchase your lunch each day at any of the campus eating establishments on campus.
- Participate in planned social activities on selected evenings
All summer institute students will reside in a residence hall with following amenities:
- Rooms wired for Internet Access
- Gender-specific shared bathrooms on each side of the hall
- 24-hour front desk service and a secure facility entrance
- Access to worldclass recreation facilities
- Laundry facilities available each floor
The Office of Summer Sessions will arrange housing accommodations for short-term programs that last less than 6-weeks. If applicable, you can request for housing on the online registration form.
Students will be assigned roommates based on age and gender. You will have the option to indicate a preferred roommate on the registration form. Students will not be assigned as roommates unless both students indicate this preference on their registration form.
Begins Sunday at 1:00pm. No early arrivals are accepted. Please arrive having eaten lunch.
Friday by 11:00 a.m.