College/Professional Summer Institutes help pave the way towards a successful career by combining UCLA courses with professional development experiences that allow students to expand their real-world skills. With in-depth, hands-on learning experiences, exposure to industry professionals, and networking opportunities, students will progress toward graduation while also preparing for their professional pursuits.
Open to students from around the country and the world , as well as UCLA students, we invite you to come and study in a welcoming environment that appreciates diversity and global perspectives.
College/Professional Summer Institutes
- Big Data for Justice Summer Institute
- Business of Media, Entertainment, and Sports Summer Institute
- Film and Television Summer Institute (Select one of the following tracks)
- Jumpstart Summer Institute: Introduction to Architecture
- Technology Leadership Summer Institute
All programs except Jumpstart Summer Institute and Big Data for Justice Summer Institute coincide with the UCLA summer housing periods, and their participants are eligible for UCLA on- or off-campus housing through UCLA Housing Services.
* Not eligible for an F-1 visa ± Program open to rising high school seniors
If you are an international student who would require a visa to participate in UCLA Summer Sessions, please note that not all Summer Institutes are eligible for an F-1 visa. Programs that do not meet F-1 visa eligibility are indicated with *. If you are interested in any of those programs, please be sure to consult your local US embassy/consulate for visa options prior to registering as an I-20 form may not be issued.