Summer College Immersion Program
SUMMER COLLEGE IMMERSION PROGRAM (SCIP)
June 20, 2021 - July 31, 2021
Application deadline extended until Friday, May 21.
The UCLA Summer College Immersion Program (SCIP) offers exceptional high school students the opportunity to experience a comprehensive introduction to college life while studying alongside UCLA undergraduates.
Designed to emulate the undergraduate experience, SCIP provides students access to a broad range of UCLA's academic expertise and resources through lectures, workshops, and seminars, as well as UCLA coursework. SCIP's co-curricular components are specifically curated to empower students to gain balance and thrive as they embark on their college journey.
Successful participants will come away from the UCLA Summer College Immersion Program with college credit, a certificate of completion for the program, and the skills to successfully manage college applications, academics, and university life.
SCIP Participants will have the unique ability to:
- Create a custom UCLA experience by selecting one or two courses from a curated list of UCLA undergraduate courses and earn UCLA credit studying alongside UCLA students
- Enjoy exclusive access to workshops on research, college-level writing, and college admissions
- Attend special lectures and seminars by UCLA professors and scholars on topics ranging from STEM to the humanities
- Obtain critical tools for success through thoughtfully designed workshops on leadership skills, resilience, stress management, self-care, and more
- Build lifelong connections with SCIP peers and network with the UCLA community
June 20 - July 30