Enrollment for UCLA Students
Summer fee assessment and policies vary by student types. To qualify as a current matriculated UCLA student for summer registration purposes, you must meet at least one of the requirements below:
- Admitted student with an active winter and/or spring term and a degree expected term after the end of the summer term.
- Incoming freshman or transfer student who has SIR'd to the university.
- Admitted student returning from a leave of absence (excluding students on probation or subject to dismissal) with a degree expected term after the end of the summer term.
If you do not meet any of these requirements and want to participate in Summer Sessions as a visiting US student, please click here for more information.
Summer is a great opportunity to fulfill GE or Writing II requirements, enroll in that much needed impacted course, or complete your graduation requirements sooner. With over 1000 courses to choose from, including ONLINE COURSES , you can have a successful and productive summer wherever you are headed.
For information on enrollment and registration, fees and payment, and relevant University and Summer Sessions policies, please go to Academic Courses For UCLA Students.
Registration for Visiting Students
During the summer, UCLA opens its door to students from around the country and the world, and we invite you to come and study in a welcoming environment that appreciates diversity and global perspectives.
Participants must be at least 15 years of age prior to the first day of summer. Transcripts, proof of enrollment at another institution, or a GPA minimum is not required.
International students who will require an F-1 visa to participate in UCLA Summer Sessions must enroll in at least 8 units per session.
- Are you a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, i.e., a Green Card holder?
- Are you an international student currently studying in the US and returning to the same school after the summer?
- Do you intend to enroll only in academic courses that are offered completely online?
- Do you wish to enroll only in the Summer Institute programs that are not F-1 eligible, indicated with * here?
If you are an international student for our registration purposes, you will be asked to submit an I-20 request for an F-1 visa. International students may enroll in a minimum of 8 units and a maximum of 20 units per session. Most courses are valued at 4 or 5 units each. We recommend taking 8 to 12 units due to the intensive course format. For more information on enrollment and registration, fees and payment, relevant UCLA policies, as well as visas, please go to Academic Courses for International Students or Academic Courses for International High School Students.
For detailed information on enrollment and registration, fees and payment, and relevant University and Summer Sessions policies, please go to Academic Courses.
Registration no longer available for 2019