US HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
Welcome to UCLA Summer Sessions! We are excited to have you join us this year for an exceptional and invigorating educational experience.
2020 Session Schedule For Academic Courses
Important Note: UCLA has decided to transition all 2020 summer offerings to remote learning only. For more information, visit our Updates and Alerts page.
|SESSION||WEEKS||START DATE||END DATE|
|Session A||6 weeks||June 22, 2020||July 31, 2020|
|Session A||8 weeks||June 22, 2020||August 14, 2020|
|Session A||9 weeks||June 22, 2020||August 21, 2020|
|Session A||10 weeks||June 22, 2020||August 28, 2020|
|Session C||6 weeks||August 3, 2020||September 11, 2020|
Dates for our Summer Intensive Studies can be found online at https://www.summer.ucla.edu/intensivestudies. Different deadlines and policies may apply to Summer Intensive Studies. Please visit the Summer Intensive Studies page if you are enrolled in any Summer Intensive Studies course.
As a high school student, course enrollment will be limited to those courses that have been approved for high school student participation.
These courses are UCLA college courses and will be taken among current college students. Before enrolling, you should feel confident in your ability to successfully complete coursework at a college level.
For a list of courses that have been approved for high school students, please visit the High School Pre-Approved Course List page.
Some courses may require you to have taken specific courses or fulfilled certain requirements. If you have had experience comparable to the listed requisite and the course is listed on the high school approved course enrollment list, you may enroll.
How to Register
Whether you are new or returning to UCLA Summer Sessions, enrollment in summer courses can be completed in three easy steps:
- Complete our ACADEMIC COURSE ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM starting February 15.
- Submit online payment of the $150 deposit .
- Use your University Identification (UID) number, given after successful payment of the deposit, and create your MyUCLA account* to proceed with enrollment. Please keep a secure record of your UCLA logon information.
All steps must be completed in the exact order provided above.
Registration is not complete until the deposit is paid in full. Those who are not prepared to pay can submit their registration form and access the existing registration at another time to make payment of the deposit.
The deposit is nonrefundable if you cancel after June 5.
For additional information about refund policies, please refer to FEES AND PAYMENT in the left menu bar.
MyUCLA will be used for enrollment, bill paying, viewing grades, and using other services. Please keep a secure record of your UCLA logon information.
*Returning students do not need to create a new MyUCLA account. Simply log in to your existing account once steps 1-2 are completed. Be sure to update your address, e-mail, and phone number, if necessary.
How to Enroll in Summer Courses
Visiting summer-only students may add courses starting February 15 through Friday of Week 1 of the course's session .
- Do not proceed with the enrollment steps below until AFTER completing all steps in the “Registration” section above first.
- Visit MyUCLA and sign-in with your Logon and password
- On the main menu, select "Classes," then "Find a Class and Enroll"
- Make sure "Summer 2020" is selected. Search for classes using the "Subject Area" or the "Advanced Search." Once you successfully enter your search parameters, select “Go”
- Enable your enrollment by selecting all the terms and conditions, and clicking "Enable Enrollment." If you’ve already enabled enrollment, skip to step 5
- Check the box for your desired course. If course has a section, please select a discussion as well. Select “Enroll” to verify enrollment
For a tutorial on enrolling, please click here.
The deadline to enroll is Friday of Week 1 of the course.
Students may enroll after the deadline if they have consent or permission from the course instructor. You may enroll after the deadline one of two ways:
- Enroll on MyUCLA using a Permission to Enroll (PTE) number (Prior to the end of Week 2 ONLY); OR
- Submit a Student Update Form (PDF) with either an authorized signature from the instructor or a PTE number provided on the form. The form may be submitted to 1331 Murphy Hall or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: A late fee of $50 will be assessed for each course added after Friday of second week. No late fees are assessed if a student is re-adding a class that was previously dropped or switching sections of the same class.
If the course you wish to take reaches capacity, you may add yourself to the waitlist, if available.
In the event that you are not automatically enrolled in a course from the waitlist by 5 PM, Friday of Week 1 of the course's session , you will be dropped from the waitlist and the course fees refunded. If it is the only course you are enrolled in, you will receive a full refund and will not be subject to the processing fee.
Students can resolve their waitlist status prior to the end of Week 1 by:
- Enrolling through MyUCLA using a Permission to Enroll (PTE) number*, which can be obtained from the instructor or the course home department;
- Presenting a Student Update Form with a PTE* number to the Summer Sessions office, 1331 Murphy Hall; or
- Exchanging the waitlisted course for another course prior to the end of the first week of the session.
Students may verify their enrollment status in a particular course by viewing their Studylist using MyUCLA.
*Permission to Enroll (PTE) numbers are limited and are only given at the instructor's discretion.
Drop Policies and Procedures
IMPORTANT - The refund deadline and the drop deadline is not the same for most summer courses. Therefore, it is possible to drop a course and still be held liable for the full cost of the class. Please refer to FEES AND PAYMENT in the left menu bar for Summer Sessions refund policies before dropping any course.
Students may drop any course until the following deadlines:
- 6-Week Session A: 5PM, July 31
- 8-Week Session A: 5PM, August 14
- 9-Week Session A: 5PM, August 21
- 10-Week Session A: 5PM, August 28
- 6-Week Session C: 5PM, September 11
To drop a course, please sign-in to MyUCLA, select "Classes," then "Drop a Class" and proceed with the course cancellation. NOTE: A course may NOT be dropped or removed from your record if you made any attempt to take the final examination.
6-week: June 22 - July 31
8-week: June 22 - August 14
10-week: June 22 - August 28
August 3 - September 11