Design Media Arts Summer Institute
DESIGN MEDIA ARTS SUMMER INSTITUTE
The Department of Design Media Arts (DMA) at UCLA is one of the nation’s top design departments offering a comprehensive, multidisciplinary education in media creation, which fosters individual exploration and innovative thinking. Geared specifically for high school students, the department offers the DMA Summer Institute, a two-week program with morning and afternoon classes in graphic design, web design, audio/video, and gaming. Taught by professionally trained and well-experienced instructors using the most current software and technology, the program culminates in the creation of an online portfolio students can use for college applications. It also provides students with a rare opportunity to sample college life in a cutting-edge design department, while earning four units of pass/no pass UC credit.
For questions about the program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To participate in the Design Media Arts Summer Institute, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Enrolled in grades 9th – 12th during Spring 2018
- 14 years of age or older prior to June 25, 2018
Students who do not meet the minimum program requirements should not register and should consider other summer opportunities.
How to Register
- Access the Summer Institute Online Registration Form. Read all terms and conditions, then scroll to the bottom and “Continue to Registration”.
- Complete the first page of the online registration form by answering all mandatory questions, then, select “Continue” at the end of the first page.
- Provide responses to all questions on the second page of the online registration form, then “Submit”.
- Once your form is submitted, you will be redirected to the retrieve registration page, where you can select “Pay Now” to proceed with payment of the non-refundable deposit . Continue with the payment instructions to reserve your space in the program.
A space in the program is not reserved for you until valid payment of the non-refundable deposit* is completed. Those who are not prepared to pay after program acceptance can submit their registration form, log out, and retrieve registration at another time to make payment, however you risk losing a space in the program if program reaches capacity prior to the ability to pay. An email with instructions to retrieve registration will be sent within an hour of submitting your registration.
HOW TO MAKE CHANGES TO MY REGISTRATION Already submitted the online registration form but need to make a change or finish your registration? You can easily do so by retrieving your registration. To retrieve registration, please complete the steps below:
- Access the Summer Institute Retrieve Registration Form here.
- You will need your five-digit registration number that was sent to your email address. Fill out the form, then “Submit”.
Many changes and additions can be made using retrieve registration including: Payment submission of the non-refundable deposit
- Uploading required documents
- Dropping a current program
- Adding a second program
- Switching to a new program