Managing Enterprise in Media, Entertainment, and Sports Summer Institute
Managing Enterprise in Media, Entertainment, & Sports Summer Institute
The Managing Enterprise in Media, Entertainment, and Sports (MEMES) Summer Institute is a one-of-a-kind, multi-disciplinary program, designed for undergraduate students and working professionals, that dives into the world of innovating, marketing, and managing within the multi-billion dollar business of entertainment, media, and sports.
MEMES is offered by the Center for Management of Enterprise in Media, Entertainment, and Sports at the UCLA Anderson School of Management. The program is open to all majors.
Students will spend the summer learning the legal, management, marketing, and financial aspects of managing a global entertainment and media enterprise by undertaking a high-profile, team-based capstone project for a major entertainment enterprise.
Field experience days allow students to further develop and influence their experience, as they will visit companies, speak to executives and learn, first-hand, about these businesses.
All students select two of four curricular specializations, building a custom educational experience from the following concentrations:
- Managing the Entertainment and Media Enterprise
- Sports Marketing and Management
- Film & Television Marketing and Management
- Integrated Marketing: A New World of Advertising
Note: It is HIGHLY recommended that students with little to no experience in business, management, or marketing (either academically or professionally) make "Managing the Entertainment and Media Enterprise" one of their specialization selections.
This six-week intensive Summer Institute offers:
- High-profile, team-based projects for major entertainment enterprises that add real-world context to case learning, and that provide students with high-impact professional experience to serve as a foundation for a career in the industry.
- Institute Speaker Series, offering students expert and inside knowledge from industry thought leaders and top business professors with expertise in media and entertainment. Past speakers have included Arnie Semsky, Barry Axelrod, Gregg Colvin (VP Business Development, Fox Interactive), Joe Kessler (CEO, The Intelligence Group), Ted Yeschin (Wasserman Media Group), Daniel Smith (SVP Digital Marketing, Playboy), Jeffrey Winter (The Film Collaborative).
- Personalized career management to help students define their career objectives, identify resources, strategize opportunities and make critical networking connections.
- Industry networking activities that allows for exclusive access to industry leaders and professionals in media and entertainment.
- For-credit curriculum utilizing the famed Harvard Business School case study method of learning, customized to action-oriented decision making in media and entertainment.
Anderson Edge Online
EDGE Online is an optional online course offered to MEMES Summer Institute students free of charge in order to better prepare them for their on-campus experience. EDGE is a fully online course and provides a vital overview of business foundations, teaching keys frameworks and vocabulary that will help students to apply the specific knowledge which they acquire in the MEMES Summer Institute and use it more effectively as they enter the world of work. Students should expect to spend up to 35-40 hours completing the work for EDGE Online.
Students can register for EDGE Online upon acceptance into the MEMES Summer Institute. Those that choose to participate will be expected, wherever possible, to complete the course before arriving on campus. Edge Online’s content will be referenced by MEMES Summer Institute instructors and students must demonstrate their understanding of EDGE tools and frameworks in their assignments. Successful completion of Edge Online also earns students a prestigious certificate of completion from UCLA Anderson Executive Education.
If you have questions about EDGE Online access or EDGE Online course content, please contact April Barfield at email@example.com.
To participate in the MEMES Summer Institute, you must meet the following qualifications:
- 17 years of age or older prior to June 25, 2018
- Currently have a high school diploma (or equivalent)
Students who do not meet the minimum program requirements should not register and should consider other summer opportunities.
How to Register
- Access the Summer Institute Online Registration Form. Read all terms and conditions, then scroll to the bottom and “Continue to Registration”.
- Complete the first page of the online registration form by answering all mandatory questions, then, select “Continue” at the end of the first page.
- Provide responses to all questions on the second page of the online registration form, then “Submit”.
- Once your form is submitted, you will be directed to the CashNet payment page to proceed with payment of the non-refundable deposit . Continue with the payment instructions to reserve your space in the program.
A space in the program is not reserved for you until valid payment of the non-refundable deposit* is completed. Those who are not prepared to pay after program acceptance can submit their registration form, log out, and retrieve registration at another time to make payment, however you risk losing a space in the program if program reaches capacity prior to the ability to pay. An email with instructions to retrieve registration will be sent within an hour of submitting your registration.
How to Make Registration Changes Already submitted the online registration form but need to make a change or finish your registration? You can easily do so by retrieving your registration. To retrieve registration, please complete the steps below:
- Access the Summer Institute Retrieve Registration Form here.
- You will need your five-digit registration number that was sent to your email address. Fill out the form, then “Submit”.
Many changes and additions can be made using retrieve registration including: Payment submission of the non-refundable deposit
- Uploading required documents
- Dropping a current program
- Adding a second program
- Switching to a new program