Mock Trial Summer Institute
MOCK TRIAL SUMMER INSTITUTE
UCLA Course Credit: MGMT 88 (2 units)
Are you a high school student interested in learning more about our nation's legal system and how attorneys prepare a case for trial? Perhaps you are considering a career in law as a trial attorney, prosecutor or defense attorney? Maybe you want to build your self-confidence and strengthen your ability to communicate your ideas and opinions to others. If any of these are true, you should consider participating in the UCLA Mock Trial Summer Institute.
This week-long program is a great way to broaden your knowledge base, explore college and career options, boost your self-confidence and powers of persuasion - all while making new friends and having fun! Come to Los Angeles to train with the National Champion UCLA Mock Trial Team Coach and Team Members! Learn effective trial advocacy techniques and improve your public speaking skills. UCLA has won the Collegiate National Championship four times in the last decade (most recently 2014) and you will have the chance to work with both students and coaches.
To participate for the Mock Trial Summer Institute, you must meet the following qualifications:
- 14 years of age or older prior to June 22, 2020
- Enrolled in grades 8th – 12th during Spring 2020
Students who do not meet the minimum program requirements should not register and should consider other summer opportunities.
How to Register
Registration for the Mock Trial Summer Institute can be done conveniently online using the steps below.
- Access the Summer Institute Online Registration Form starting February 15. Read all terms and conditions, then scroll to the bottom and “Continue to Registration”.
- Complete the first page of the online registration form by answering all mandatory questions, then, select “Continue” at the end of the first page.
- Provide responses to all questions on the second page of the online registration form, then “Submit”.
- Once your form is submitted, you will be redirected to the retrieve registration page, where you can select “Pay Now” to proceed with payment of the non-refundable deposit . Continue with the payment instructions to reserve your space in the program.
A space in the program is not reserved for you until valid payment of the non-refundable deposit* is completed. Those who are not prepared to pay after program acceptance can submit their registration form, log out, and retrieve registration at another time to make payment, however you risk losing a space in the program if program reaches capacity prior to the ability to pay. An email with instructions to retrieve registration will be sent within an hour of submitting your registration.
This deposit is not refundable under any circumstances including, but not limited to, drop for non-payment and withdrawal, even if you withdraw from the program before it begins. If you withdraw, this deposit will appear as processing fee charge on your BruinBill account.
If the program is full, you will not be prompted to make payment. When your application is accepted from the wait list, you will be notified by email with instructions for methods of payment.
If registering after May 1, full payment of all fees including the non-refundable deposit but excluding any applicable document and IEI fees is required to reserve your space in the program.
How to Make Changes to My Registration
Already submitted the online registration form but need to make a change or finish your registration? You can easily do so by retrieving your registration. To retrieve registration, please complete the steps below:
- Access the Summer Institute Retrieve Registration Form here.
- You will need your five-digit registration number that was sent to your email address. Fill out the form, then “Submit”.
Many changes and additions can be made using retrieve registration including: Payment submission of the non-refundable deposit
- Uploading required documents
- Dropping a current program
- Adding a second program
- Switching to a new program
JULY 11 - JULY 18, 2020