Stop-Motion Animation Summer Institute
STOP-MOTION ANIMATION SUMMER INSTITUTE
Study at the world-renowned UCLA Animation Workshop this summer! This two-week intensive workshop offers a hands-on overview of the techniques and practices of stop-motion animation. Students will participate in exercises designed to teach principles of motion and timing. Using a range of materials, students will build their own stop-motion animation puppets and film performances in split-second increments.
To participate in the Film and Television Summer Institute - Stop-Motion Animation track, you must be a highly motivated high school student aged 15+, a college student, or an aspiring filmmaker.
The Stop-Motion track is by instructor consent only. To participate, you must apply and receive acceptance into the program.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to complete the following:
- In 150 -200 words, share why you would like to participate in the program and what you expect to gain from the experience
- In 150 -200 words, what prior experience, if any, do you have in animation? Include both academic coursework and extracurricular activities. Previous experience in animation is not a requirement.
How to Apply
Registration can be done conveniently online using the steps below.
- Access the Summer Institute Online Registration Form. Read all terms and conditions, then scroll to the bottom and “Continue to Registration”.
- Complete the online registration form by answering all mandatory questions
- Submit your registration form.
- Once your form is submitted, you will be directed to the Retrieve Registration page.
Allow up to two weeks for the program instructor(s) to review your application. An email will be sent to you with the official decision. If accepted to the program, follow the steps in your acceptance email to make payment of the non-refundable deposit ($150) and reserve your space in the program.
A space in the program is not reserved for you until valid payment of the non-refundable deposit* is completed. Those who are not prepared to pay after program acceptance can submit their registration form and retrieve registration at another time to make payment, however you risk losing a space in the program if the program reaches capacity prior to the ability to pay.
How to Make Registration Changes
Already submitted the online registration form but need to make a change or finish your registration? You can easily do so by retrieving your registration. To retrieve registration, please complete the steps below:
- Access the Summer Institute Retrieve Registration Form here.
- You will need your five-digit registration number that was sent to your email address. Fill out the form, then “Submit”.
Many changes and additions can be made using retrieve registration including: Payment submission of the non-refundable deposit
- Uploading required documents
- Dropping a current program
- Adding a second program
- Switching to a new program
STOP-MOTION ANIMATION SUMMER INSTITUTE:
AUGUST 3 - AUGUST 14, 2020