Writing Summer Institute: Introduction to College Writing
WRITING SUMMER INSTITUTE: INTRODUCTION TO COLLEGE WRITING
Three Week Online Program UCLA Course Credit: ENGCOMP 50
A non-resident writing course for English-speaking high school students who seek to strengthen their writing and discussion skills. For over twenty years, UCLA Writing Programs has helped undergraduates successfully meet the challenges of a university education. Through a three week Writing Summer Institute, UCLA's highly regarded writing specialists will help college bound students prepare for those challenges. All activities will demystify the unstated differences between college and high school writing. The summer workshop will also attend to the college application process, including the application essay. The Writing Summer Institute is ideal for the ambitious high school student who wants to start a step ahead.
To participate for the Writing Summer Institute, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Enrolled in grades 10th – 12th during Spring 2021
Students who do not meet the minimum program requirements should not register and should consider other summer opportunities.
How to Register
Registration for the Writing Summer Institute can be done conveniently online using the steps below.
- Access the Summer Institute Online Registration Form. Read all terms and conditions, then scroll to the bottom and “Continue to Registration”.
- Complete the first page of the online registration form by answering all mandatory questions, then, select “Continue” at the end of the first page.
- Provide responses to all questions on the second page of the online registration form, then “Submit”.
- Once your form is submitted, you will be redirected to the retrieve registration page, where you can select “Pay Now” to proceed with payment of the non-refundable registration fee . Continue with the payment instructions to reserve your space in the program.
A space in the program is not reserved for you until valid payment of the non-refundable registration fee* is completed. Those who are not prepared to pay after program acceptance can submit their registration form, log out, and retrieve registration at another time to make payment, however you risk losing a space in the program if program reaches capacity prior to the ability to pay. An email with instructions to retrieve registration will be sent within an hour of submitting your registration.
How to Make Registration Changes
Already submitted the online registration form but need to make a change or finish your registration? You can easily do so by retrieving your registration. To retrieve registration, please complete the steps below:
- Access the Summer Institute Retrieve Registration Form here.
- You will need your five-digit registration number that was sent to your email address. Fill out the form, then “Submit”.
JULY 6 - JULY 27, 2021