UC WASHINGTON CENTER SUMMER PROGRAM
The University of California Washington Center offers a summer session to students attending any UC campus or other undergraduate institution. Registration in an internship course is offered through the UCLA Summer Sessions office, starting on March 1. UCLA students must be approved for participation in the program by the UCLA Career Center. We look forward to making the summer academic program a positive experience for all students. For more information, visit the UCDC website.
All UCDC participants are subject to the same UCLA Summer Sessions policies and procedures. The only exceptions are:
- UC students are not assessed the UCLA campus-based fees unless they are they are enrolled in other UCLA Summer Sessions courses.
- Full payments are required by May 10, 2019 for non-UC students and June 21, 2019 for UC students.
One 10-week internship course is offered this summer, with both 4-unit and 8-unit options available. The course is open to non-UC, as well as UC students, and starts on June 17. An internship contract is required. Click here for more detailed information on the course. Please note: the Internship is for 10 weeks. Students can work more than 24 hours per week if earning 4 units or 32 hours per week, if earning 8 units. However, candidates must intern for a period of ten weeks. Aggregate hourly count does not apply.The variable unit course available to students is:
- WASHINGTON DC INTERNSHIP: POLITICAL SCIENCE M195DC. 4 or 8 quarter units.
SRS number (4 unit option): XXXXXXXXX
SRS number (8 unit option): XXXXXXXXX NOTE: This course requires an internship contract, which must be submitted to UCDCsummersessions@ucdc.edu by June 30.
UC FINANCIAL AID
UC financial aid may be available to qualified UC students. UC students should check with their home campus financial aid office for eligibility requirements and deadlines. UCDC summer participants assume full responsibility for all fees regardless of their financial aid status and are subject to the same payment deadlines.
UC FINANCIAL AID OFFICES
UC students who have satisfied all UCDC application requirements established by the respective UC home campuses and admitted to the program through the home campus will be assigned housing in the UC Washington Center. For campuses without a summer program (UC Santa Cruz and UC Merced), please contact Chantal Quintero at UCDCsummersessions@ucdc.edu. Housing for non-UC students may be available on a first-come first-serve basis, space permitting. For more information, contact UCDC at UCDCsummersessions@ucdc.edu.
HOW TO REGISTER
UCLA students can enroll directly on MyUCLA without having to submit an online registration form. No deposit is required for UCLA students. However, UCLA students will be charged the processing fee of $150 if all courses are dropped. If you are a current UCLA student, please skip to HOW TO ENROLL. All other students should follow the steps below to register:
- Begin by filling out the Academic Course Registration Form. A $150 nonrefundable deposit is required to complete the initial registration process.
The deposit is not an additional fee and will apply to the summer tuition balance. Registration is not complete until the deposit is paid in full. Those who are not prepared to pay can submit their registration form and retrieve registration at another time to make the deposit.
This deposit is nonrefundable even if you drop all courses before they begin. For additional information about refund policies, please refer to the FEES AND PAYMENT section of the academic course page that is applicable to you.
- Once you have submitted the registration form and the deposit, an email will be sent to you with your UCLA ID (UID) number. You will use this UID number to create a UCLA logon. To create a UCLA logon, go to MyUCLA and click on "Create UCLA Logon/Password". With your UCLA logon, you can make enrollment changes, view your BruinBill, and pay your summer tuition on MyUCLA among others. Please note that even if you already have a UCLA ID and logon, you will not have access to MyUCLA summer enrollment options unless your registration is complete.
HOW TO ENROLL
UCDC courses are restricted to only UCDC participants and are not listed on the UCLA schedule of classes. You will need each course SRS number to enroll.
- Log in to MyUCLA using your UCLA logon and password. You may be asked to verify your email address prior to proceeding to the main menu. If you are not prompted to do so, please be sure to verify your information by selecting "My Contact Information" under the SETTINGS option in the upper right corner.
- At the main menu, select "Find a Class and Enroll" under the CLASSES drop-down menu.
- Select the term "2019 Summer" and enter the course SRS number you wish to add and click "Search".
- You can verify your enrollment by selecting "Study List" under the CLASSES drop-down menu on the main menu.
Please be sure to have your balance fully paid by the payment deadline to avoid enrollment cancellations, holds on student records, and collection actions. Full payment is due by May 11 for non-UC students and by June 22 for UC students on MyUCLA via credit card or e-check. See the FEES AND PAYMENT section of the academic course page that is applicable to you for detailed payment instructions:
NOTE: As an exception to the general Summer Sessions academic course payment deadlines, full payment is required by the aforementioned deadlines, i.e., May 11 for non-UC students and June 22 for UC students.
Summer tuition reflects the total number of units you enroll in. See the FEES AND PAYMENT section of the academic course page that is applicable to you for detailed information on fees, payment, and refunds. Please note that there are different kinds of fees related to registration that vary depending on your academic affiliation (i.e., whether you are a UCLA student, a other UC student, or Non-UC student). All fees are subject to change without prior notice.
SUMMARY OF FEES
|Non-UC Students||$350 Registration Fee + Unit Fees|
|Other UC Students||Unit Fees Only|
|UCLA Students||Unit Fees Only|
|2019 Unit Fee||$279 per unit (UC Undergrad) / $349 per unit (UC Graduate) / $355 per unit (All others)|
|IEI Fee||$61 per summer (if applicable)|
Document fee covers a lifetime supply of official transcripts mailed by USPS first class mail. First-time summer-only visiting students, as well as incoming UCLA freshmen and incoming UCLA transfer students will be assessed a one-time document fee; returning summer-only students will not be subject to the document fee. For more information, please click here.
|$50 if applicable|
|Late Add Fee
A non-refundable late fee of $50 will be assessed for each course added after Friday of second week of the session. No late fees are assessed if a student is re-adding a class that was dropped, switching sections of the same class, or adding any 99, 195-199, 596-599 courses.
|$50 per class added after second week|
MARCH 1-APRIL 20: UCLA students can enroll directly on MyUCLA.
MARCH 1-APRIL 20: All other UC students must register online first in order to enroll.
MARCH 1-APRIL 20: All non-UC students must register online first in order to enroll.
Full payment must be made by 5PM of the following deadlines. Payment can be made on MyUCLA.
MAY 10: Non-UC students
JUNE 21: UC students
Please send all general inquiries to UCDCSummerSessions@ucdc.edu.
CHANTAL QUINTERO, firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Administrator, Summer Academic Programs
Programs Administrator, UC Washington Center
UCLA CAREER CENTER (Program Admissions and Internship Questions)
CHRISTINA RUIZ., email@example.com