During the summer months, visiting UC students have four different summer experiences to select from here at UCLA:
- Academic Courses
- Online Courses
- College/Professional Summer Institutes
- Summer Intensive Studies
Important Note: UCLA has decided to transition all 2020 summer offerings to remote learning only. For more information, visit our Updates and Alerts page.
All 2020 Session A and Session C courses will be completed online via remote learning only.
During the summer, many academic courses that make up UCLA's regular curriculum are offered in two sessions, Session A and Session C . Choose from over 600+ courses in 130 departments at UCLA this summer for 3-10 weeks.
Please find below helpful links to get started with academic courses this summer:
UCLA Online Courses offer you the opportunity to earn credit anytime, anywhere. UCLA online courses carry the same unit value and UCLA degree credit as on-campus courses, and transcripts do not indicate the course was taken online.
Please find below helpful links to get started with online courses this summer:
College/Professional Summer Institutes
All 2020 Summer Institutes will be completed online via remote learning only.
Summer Institutes offer the breadth and depth of UCLA's academic rigor in an intensive, holistic format.
2020 College Professional Summer Institutes:
- Big Data for Justice Summer Institute (Cancelled for Summer 2020)
- Business of Media, Entertainment, and Sports Summer Institute
- Film and Television Summer Institute (Select one of the following tracks)
- Jumpstart Summer Institute: Introduction to Architecture (Cancelled for Summer 2020)
- Owning Shakespeare Summer Institute
- Technology Leadership Summer Institute
Summer Intensive Studies (SIS)
Important Note: All 2020 SIS courses will be completed online via remote learning only.
Summer Intensive Studies provide a unique opportunity to complete a 10-week course in just three weeks or a three-quarter long series in just nine weeks!