During the summer months, visiting high school students have three different summer experiences to select from here at UCLA: academic courses, Precollege Summer Institutes, or Summer College Immersion Program.
Summer Sessions is a unique opportunity to advance your academic career. During the summer, many academic courses that make up UCLA's regular curriculum are offered in two sessions, Session A and Session C . With over 100 courses to choose from, you can have an unforgettable summer here at UCLA.
UCLA academic courses delivered online carry the same unit value and UCLA degree credit. Whether you have other summer activities planned or you wish to stay in your hometown, online courses provide an alternative solution to your academic needs.
Please find below helpful links to get started with academic courses this summer:
Registration for Summer 2019 opens February 15, 2019. Join the Interest List for more information!
Summer College Immersion Program
The UCLA Summer College Immersion Program (SCIP) is designed for exceptionally high-achieving high school students to provide a real-world introduction to an academic life at UCLA, one of the world's greatest research universities, where students discover their purpose and prepare themselves to make a meaningful difference in society.
SCIP emulates the UCLA undergraduate experience, which is academically enriched by the opportunities not only to pursue a particular discipline in depth but also to access a broad range of UCLA's academic expertise through lectures, workshops, and seminars, with the campus support and resources that empower students to integrate balance and thrive in the face of challenges.
Admission to SCIP is highly competitive, and applicants will be required to meet specific academic thresholds.
Admitted students will have the option to commute or live on campus in one of UCLA's residence halls.
Precollege Summer Institutes
Precollege Summer Institutes are designed for advanced high school students who wish to gain academically challenging college-level experience.
High school students who are 14 years of age or older by the first day of summer may participate in our Precollege Summer Institutes.
Most of our programs offer mandatory housing.
Note: The following programs do NOT offer housing:
Art Summer Institute (Session B ONLY)
A full list of 2019 Summer Institute programs will be available for view in January 2019. Listed below are the 2018 Summer Institutes, some of which may be offered again this upcoming summer:
- Applications of Nanoscience Summer Institute*
- Acting and Performance Summer Institute*
- Art Summer Institute*
- Camera Acting Summer Institute*
- Dance/Performing Arts Summer Institute*
- Design Media Arts Summer Institute*
- Digital Filmmaking Summer Institute*
- Economics Summer Institute*
- Engineering Design Summer Institute*
- Game Lab Summer Institute*
- Immersive International Studies Summer Institute*
- Mock Trial Summer Institute*
- Model United Nations Summer Institute*
- Musical Theater Summer Institute*
- Nanoscale Microscopy Lab Summer Institute*
- Nanoscience Lab Summer Institute*
- Sci|Art Lab + Studio Summer Institute*
- Teen ArchStudio Summer Institute*
- Writing Summer Institute: Introduction to College Writing*
Registration for Summer 2019 opens February 15. Join the Interest List for more information!